Practicing What I Preach
If you’ve been with me since the beginning, you’ll remember a post I wrote called Invest in Things You Use Often. In that article, I discussed heavily allocating your spending to things you use everyday. One of the examples I gave was your bed. You spend nearly every night in your bed, and it has a direct impact on your health, mood, and ability to think clearly.
Since I’m not one to say one thing and do another, I thought I’d let you know that we recently made an investment in a new bed. We upgraded from a queen to a king, and decided to go with the Tempur-Pedic Cloud Supreme. Let me tell you, folks, these past two weeks have been the most restful night sleeps of my life! I was always hesitant to try the Tempur-Pedic, but it is by far the best bed I’ve ever had. No more back, shoulder, or neck pain, and I wake up feeling rested and ready to start the day.
This bed was more than double what I would normally spend on a bed, but it is worth every penny. We’ll use this thing almost every night for 10+ years, which gives it a cost per use of less than $0.90. That isn’t bad considering each use is about 8 hours long. There’s hardly anything we buy that has a lower cost per use than that.
Invest your money wisely, and not just in the stock market.
- namelessstory likes this
- zombiifissh reblogged this from andrewfindsawesomethings
- zombiifissh likes this
- catladycourtney reblogged this from andrewfindsawesomethings
- andrewfindsawesomethings reblogged this from moneyisnotimportant
- bacontoothpaste likes this
- starkchesters likes this
- ashmariie reblogged this from moneyisnotimportant and added:
- signorinasegovia likes this
- wingtipsandloafers reblogged this from moneyisnotimportant and added:
- refugefromreality likes this
- jasminemcatee likes this
- timwin likes this
- ethicsprof likes this
- melecwi likes this
- tangface likes this
- observedintoexistence reblogged this from moneyisnotimportant
- hilarymae likes this
- moneyisnotimportant posted this